FIRST AID FOR BABYSITTERS - for teenagers looking after younger children.
About the course:
This course looks at:
- The different safety issues with which babysitters have to contend;
- CPR (practice with manikins);
- Choke-rescue techniques (practice with manikins);
- Dealing with other emergency situations such as burns, allergic reactions, poisonings, seizures, bangs on the head, broken bones, etc;
- Getting help: phoning the parents or phoning an ambulance?
How to book:
There are several different ways you can do this course:
Arrange a private course for your babysitting teenager and friends (maximum 12 people), at your home. $310 + gst (within the Auckland urban area). (If you have interest from more than 12 people please contact us to discuss this).
Arrange a private course for a group of up to 6 people, at our base in Papakura. $45 + gst per person.
Book on a scheduled course:
"First Aid for Babysitters" also runs in conjunction with The Parenting Place in Greenlane and at Community Centres in various parts of Auckland, as a two-part course for 13 to 17 year olds.
Part 1, "The Babysitter Who Gets Booked" covers everything you need to know to become a safe, reliable and fun babysitter whom every parent will trust and want to book again. It is facilitated by Joy Sluiters from The Parenting Place.
Part 2, “First Aid for Babysitters", is facilitated by Sarah from First Aid First.
Each session is 1½ hours long, and the course runs over a full day in the school holidays. And The Parenting Place in Greenlane has a fabulous café!
See below for scheduled courses. Bookings are essential as spaces are limited.