FIRST AID FOR BABYSITTERS - for teenagers looking after younger children.
About the course:
Because they are caring for someone else’s children in someone else’s environment, babysitters are faced with a host of different problems!
This course looks at:
- The different safety issues with which babysitters have to contend;
- CPR (practice with manikins);
- Choke-rescue techniques (practice with manikins);
- Dealing with other emergency situations such as burns, allergic reactions, poisonings, seizures, bangs on the head, broken bones, etc;
- Getting help: phoning the parents or phoning an ambulance?
Everyone on the course receives a booklet, to complement the explanations and demonstrations on the course. Participants also receive a certificate. The course is two hours long.
How to book:
There are two different ways you can do this course:
Arrange a private course for your babysitting teenager and friends (maximum 12 people), at your home. Cost is from $408 incl gst (travel surcharges may apply). If you have interest from more than 12 people there is an additional fee of $34 incl gst per person over the 12.
Arrange a private course for a group of up to 6 people, at our base in Papakura. $55 incl gst per person.