FIRST AID FOR BABYSITTERS - for teenagers looking after younger children.
About the course:
Because they are caring for someone else’s children in someone else’s environment, babysitters are faced with a host of different problems!
This course looks at:
- The different safety issues with which babysitters have to contend;
- CPR (practice with manikins);
- Choke-rescue techniques (practice with manikins);
- Dealing with other emergency situations such as burns, allergic reactions, poisonings, seizures, bangs on the head, broken bones, etc;
- Getting help: phone the parents or phone an ambulance?
Everyone on the course receives a booklet, to complement the explanations and demonstrations on the course. Participants also receive a certificate. The course is two hours long.
How to book:
Please register your interest in this course and we will contact you once a date is confirmed.
Part One: First Aid training for babysitters including child safety and accident prevention, CPR, choking, burns, broken bones, bumps on the head, dealing with asthma & allergies, knowing when to phone the parents or when to phone an ambulance.
Part Two: Practical advice for babysitting including ideas for play, information about child development, and how to communicate well with children and their parents.
Alternatively, for just the first aid part, arrange a private course for a group of up to 6 teenagers at our base in Papakura. $55 incl gst per person.