FIRST AID FOR BIGGER LITTLIES - for parents and caregivers of kindy and school age-children
About the course:
- CPR (practice with manikins);
- Choke-rescue techniques (practice with manikins);
- Common childhood accidents such as falling off trampolines, falling out of trees, etc;
- Dealing with emergency situations such as burns, allergic reactions, poisonings, bangs on the head, broken bones, knocked out teeth, etc;
- Safety aspects relevant to older children, such as the correct use of bike helmets;
- Child car restraints.
Everyone on the course receives a booklet, to complement the explanations and demonstrations on the course. The course is two hours long.
How to book:
"First Aid for Bigger Littlies" courses runs as a scheduled course at various venues across Auckland. See below for these public courses.
It can also be run as a private course:
Arrange a private course for your coffee group / antenatal group / family group (maximum of 12 people), at your home. $310 + gst (within the Auckland urban area). Parents, grandparents, babies, all welcome!
Arrange a private course for you and your partner, or for a group of up to 6 people, at our base in Papakura. $45 + gst per person.
Join a scheduled course. These are run periodically by organisations such as Plunket. (See below for scheduled courses). Bookings are essential as spaces are limited.
Please contact us to discuss running this course as a fundraiser for your organisation.