FIRST AID FOR LITTLIES - for parents and caregivers of babies and young children
About the course:
- CPR (practice with manikins);
- Choke-rescue techniques (practice with manikins);
- Child-specific illnesses (croup, febrile convulsions, meningitis, etc - how to recognise them and what to do about them);
- Dealing with other emergency situations such as burns, allergic reactions, poisonings, bangs on the head, broken bones, etc;
- Common childhood illnesses (fevers, coughs, colds, tummy bugs, etc);
- How to recognise when you need to take your baby or toddler to the doctor;
- Safety around the home;
- Child car restraints.
How to book:
There are several different ways you can do this course:
Arrange a private course for your coffee group / antenatal group / family group (maximum of 12 people), at your home. $310 + gst (within the Auckland urban area). Parents, grandparents, babies, all welcome!
Arrange a private course for you and your partner, or for a group of up to 6 people, at our base in Papakura. $45 + gst per person.
Join a scheduled course. These run on a regular basis across Auckland, and are set up by organisations such as Plunket, The Parenting Place, etc. (See below for scheduled courses). Bookings are essential as spaces are limited.
Please contact us to discuss running this course as a fundraiser for your organisation.