FIRST AID FOR LITTLIES - for parents and caregivers of babies and young children
About the course:
- CPR (practice with manikins);
- Choke-rescue techniques (practice with manikins);
- Child-specific illnesses (croup, febrile convulsions, meningitis, etc - how to recognise them and what to do about them);
- Dealing with other emergency situations such as burns, allergic reactions, poisonings, bangs on the head, broken bones, etc;
- Common childhood illnesses (fevers, coughs, colds, tummy bugs, etc);
- How to recognise when you need to take your baby or toddler to the doctor;
- Safety around the home;
- Child car restraints.
How to book:
There are several different ways you can do this course:
Arrange a private course for your coffee group / antenatal group / family group (maximum of 12 people), at your home. Cost is from $408 incl gst (travel surcharges may apply). If you have interest from more than 12 there is an additional fee of $34 incl gst per extra person over the group of 12. Parents, grandparents, babies, all welcome! This course can also be run via Zoom - please get in touch!
Arrange a private course for you and your partner, or for a group of up to 6 people, at our base in Papakura. $55 incl gst per person. This course can also be run via Zoom!
Join a scheduled course. These run on a regular basis across Auckland. (See below for scheduled courses). Bookings are essential as spaces are limited. Some of these courses will run via Zoom.
Please contact us to discuss running this course as a fundraiser for your organisation.