Courses during orange traffic light setting:
Public courses are running again in Epsom and via Zoom. Details and bookings below.
If you prefer to do an in-person course but are not wanting to have contact with too many people, especially if you are bringing your baby, please contact me to arrange a private course.
Please email if you have any queries. Stay safe!
FIRST AID FOR LITTLIES - for parents and caregivers of babies and young children
About the course:
- CPR (practice with manikins);
- Choke-rescue techniques (practice with manikins);
- Child-specific illnesses (croup, febrile convulsions, meningitis, etc - how to recognise them and what to do about them);
- Dealing with other emergency situations such as burns, allergic reactions, poisonings, bangs on the head, broken bones, etc;
- Common childhood illnesses (fevers, coughs, colds, tummy bugs, etc);
- How to recognise when you need to take your baby or toddler to the doctor;
- Safety around the home;
- Child car restraints.
How to book:
There are several different ways you can do this course:
Join a public course either in-person or via Zoom: These run on a regular basis in Epsom and they also run via Zoom once a month. (See below for dates and bookings for these public courses). Bookings are essential as spaces are limited. $48 per person.
Arrange a private course for your coffee group / antenatal group / family group (maximum of 12 people), at your home. Cost is from $456 incl gst (travel surcharges may apply). If you have interest from more than 12 there is an additional fee of $38 incl gst per extra person over the group of 12. Parents, grandparents, babies, all welcome! This course can also be run via Zoom - please get in touch.
Arrange a private course for you and your partner, or for a group of up to 6 people, at our base in Papakura. $58 incl gst per person. This course can also be run via Zoom.
The perfect Baby Shower Gift!
Gift a "First Aid for Littlies" course to your expectant friends.
It could be a place on a public course or you could gift them a private course at their home. Contact us to discuss options.