FIRST AID IN SCHOOLS - for school teachers dealing with playground mishaps ...
About the course:
This course is specifically designed to meet the needs of school teachers. It covers the common accidents in the school playground plus it looks at common medical conditions and how best to deal with them. The course is very practical and hands-on. It covers:
- CPR (practice with manikins);
- Use of an automated defibrillator (optional extra component; extra time and fee applies);
- Choke-rescue techniques (practice with manikins);
- Dealing with accidents such as broken bones, dislocations, bangs on the head, knocked-out teeth, etc;
- Medical conditions such as asthma, anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction), epilepsy and other seizures, diabetes, etc - how to recognise them and what to do about them;
- Other emergency situations such as drowning;
- When to call the parents; when to call an ambulance;
- Child car restraints on school trips.
Everyone on the course receives a booklet, to complement the explanations and demonstrations on the course. The course is two hours long.
How to book:
Arrange a private course at your school as an extended staff meeting or on a teacher-only day. Cost is from $456 + gst (travel surcharges may apply) for a group of up to 12 people. For any extras over the 12 there is an additional charge of $38 + gst per person. A maximum of 20 pax is recommended for efficient practice of the CPR and choke-rescue components on the course.
If defibrillator training is also required, there is an extra $30 + gst. Please allow an extra half hour for this.
If you are wanting to hold a training session for higher numbers, please talk to us about how we can accommodate this.
Arrange a private course for a group of up to 6 people, at our base in Papakura. $55 + gst per person.