FIRST AID IN SCHOOLS - for school teachers dealing with playground mishaps ...
About the course:
- CPR (practice with manikins);
- Choke-rescue techniques (practice with manikins);
- Dealing with accidents such as broken bones, dislocations, bangs on the head, knocked-out teeth, etc;
- Medical conditions such as asthma, anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction), epilepsy and other seizures, diabetes, etc - how to recognise them and what to do about them;
- Other emergency situations such as drowning;
- When to call the parents; when to call an ambulance;
- Child car restraints on school trips.
How to book:
Arrange a private course at your school as an extended staff meeting or on a teacher-only day. Maximum 15 people. $385 + gst (within the Auckland urban area). For any extras over the 15 there is an additional charge of $25 + gst per person. An absolute maximum of 20 pax is recommended for efficient practice of the CPR and choke-rescue components on the course; the course would likely run for an extra 30 minutes if there are 20 participants.
If you are wanting to hold a training session for higher numbers, please talk to us about how we can accommodate this.
Arrange a private course for a group of up to 6 people, at our base in Papakura. $45 + gst per person.